The root coworking's number one priority is the overall health and safety of our members and our community. Our team is working diligently to ensure that when you return to your workspace at the root coworking, whenever that may be, that you feel safe and comfortable doing so. With that being said, we believe that we have a plan in place that will allow us to operate safely & securely.
We understand that this new reality we find ourselves in is changing every day and we will continue to lean on our local officials and health department to cooperate with all City & State COVID-19 health & safety guidelines.
We ask all members & guests to comply with the following policies, procedures and guidelines:
- Beginning Monday, June 1st at 8:00 a.m. we will re-open our space to non-members for the following uses...
- Scheduled bookings in one of our three meeting rooms.
- Scheduled tours (we will not allow walk-ins) with groups of five or less.
- Day pass users. Must be scheduled ahead of time through our website or by contacting us directly.
- Members & guests must wear a mask in all of our common areas. If you do not have a mask or forget to bring one, we have disposable one-time use masks at the front desk. We also have root branded masks available for $10. If you refuse to comply with our mask policy, we reserve the right to ask that you leave the premises immediately.
- According to the CDC, one of the best things we can do to contain the spread of this virus is to employ social distancing or the 6ft rule. We have removed extra chairs in our space in order to allow people to more easily keep a safe distance from one another.
- We will be limiting our desk area to a maximum of two people per row.
- The number of chairs in our meeting rooms will be cut in half, leaving a four person max in our small meeting rooms and an eight person max in our large meeting room.
- Seating in the kitchen will be limited to two people per seating area.
- If you use one of our phone booth's, you will need to notify the person at the front desk after use so it can be properly cleaned and disinfected before someone else can use it.
- We will continue to restrict all physical events on premise.
- We will have hand sanitizer stations & disinfectant wipes placed throughout our space. We ask that you please wipe down your work area regularly after use.
- We will provide single use utensils, cups and plates in the kitchen, for use as needed. Our staff will not be required to clean any personal mugs, Tupperware, or anything else that you bring with you, so please be sure to clean after use and take with you.
- Our coffee service will operate as normal, however only separate individual creamer and sugar packets will be provided.
- The check-in tablet at the front desk will be disabled. If your membership requires that you check in, please notify our staff at the front desk and they will do so for you.
- All mail will continue to be organized in our mailroom and you will receive a notification to pick up. We will not be delivering mail to you.
- We will continue to clean our space daily, using an expansive and in-depth approach by our professional cleaning staff. Their focus is on overall cleanliness of the space and specifically on high-touch areas such as door knobs, handles, light switches, chairs, workstation tables, conference room tables, countertops, bathroom stalls, sinks, microwaves, refrigerators, coffee machines, Bevi machine and more. We request that all members using the space also clean their own surfaces before and after use.
Our Response Plan:
We have a response plan in place in the event that any member, employee or guest has contracted the coronavirus or believes they have been in contact with someone who has. Depending on the severity of the incident and the guidance from relevant health authorities, this plan could involve shutting down our space temporarily.
For any of our employees exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 or just feeling unwell, we will be providing unlimited paid sick leave and mandating that employees stay home and follow the self-isolation and COVID-19 testing guidelines set by the CDC. They can also use sick time if they are not showing symptoms but have been exposed to COVID-19. The Root Coworking requires all employees to notify us immediately if they are diagnosed or have been exposed to COVID-19. In these cases, we require that employees seek medical attention and follow the strict CDC guidelines, including a possible self-quarantine for two weeks.
The Root Coworking requires all members & guests to notify us immediately if they are diagnosed with COVID-19 or if they have come in contact with someone who is. In this case, we require that employees seek medical attention and follow the strict CDC guidelines, including a possible self-quarantine for two weeks.
As part of our response plan, we will notify members if we learn that anyone using our space has tested positive for COVID-19.
This situation is constantly changing, and we’ll be sure to let you know when it does.
Finally, as this is a complicated situation, these plans might change, and if so, we’ll let you know. As we update or make changes to our policies, procedures or approach, we will continue to update this plan and notify our members accordingly.
- The Root Coworking Team